Alert Logic® Threat Manager™ allows you to create protected hosts and appliances. You can create a collection alert rule in the Alert Logic console to be alerted when your agent stops collecting, stops sending traffic, or when your appliance policy breaks. For more information about creating a collection alert rule for Alert Logic Threat Manager, refer to our Threat Manager Alert Rules documentation.
Articles in this section
- How can I get more context on my Agent Container's assets if an incident is generated?
- Can Threat Manager scan for PAN data?
- Do I need a Threat Manager appliance to collect threat traffic?
- For each customer, how long does Alert Logic keep Threat Manager event and incident data?
- How big are the IDS signature updates that are sent to Threat Manager appliances?
- How can I be alerted if one of my threat hosts or appliances stops sending traffic to Alert Logic?
- How do I set up a firewall for auto blocking?
- How does the Threat Manager agent act if the host it is installed on has maxed out CPU and memory?
- How often does IDS content get updated?
- In which AWS regions is the Threat Manager AMI available?