Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 instances can be excluded from scanning by adding their tag to the whitelist of tags not to be scanned. You can whitelist an existing tag or create a new tag to be whitelisted.
The following article describes how to exclude AWS EC2 instances from scanning within Alert Logic® Cloud Insight™.
- Within the Cloud Insight user interface, click on the Topology tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the tag icon above the topology.
- Select the tag within your topology that you would like to be excluded from scanning.
- Select the Remediation icon at the far right of the page, above the tag's information.
- Check the Added to the Whitelist box.
- Validate the tag by clicking on the whitelist icon to see a list of all whitelisted tags.
Whitelisted tags will appear in the topology map with a disabled gray color.
Your asset will now be successfully excluded from scanning in Cloud Insight.