Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 instances can be excluded from scanning by adding their tag to the whitelist of tags not to be scanned. You can whitelist an existing tag or create a new tag to be whitelisted.
The following article describes how to exclude AWS EC2 instances from scanning within Alert Logic® Cloud Insight™.
- Within the Alert Logic console, under the Overview main menu tab, click Topology in the submenu.
- Click on the whitelist icon, which looks like a clipboard, in the top right corner of the screen.
- Using the Search for AWS tag search bar, type in the value for an instance tag within your AWS EC2 environment.
- Select the correct tag from the search results. The Key and Value will be auto-filled, but can also be manually filled in.
- Once the Key and Value boxes have been filled in, click the Add to List button to add the tag to the scanning whitelist.
Your asset will now be successfully excluded from scanning in Cloud Insight.