The following article describes how to remedy the error "Socket initialization failed. Can not reach sensor" that may be encountered in Alert Logic® Threat Manager™. This error can appear when the agent cannot connect to your appliance on port 7777. You would see this error within the Alert Logic console on the Hosts and Sources page within a deployment.
- In the Alert Logic console, click Configuration in the main menu and then Deployments in the submenu.
- Click All Deployments.
- In the left sidebar, click Networks and Hosts and then click Protected Hosts.
- Click Select Filters and select Hosts in Error state.
- If other agents on the same network are also encountering the error, check that port 7777 on each machine is open outbound. Do this by running a telnet on port 7777 to the private IP address of the appliance.
Note: Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers should check their Security Groups to make sure that port 7777 is opened outbound for proper communication.
- Make sure there is no physical firewall stopping the connection. Do this by logging into your firewall and checking that port 7777 is opened to allow proper communication.
- If no firewalls are in the way, check each machine's built-in firewall for any potential blockers.
Note: This step is for an on-premise scenario.
If nothing listed in the steps above seems to be the reason for the error, contact Alert Logic Support.