A minimum of four CPUs are required. This allows the server to reserve CPUs for snort and other processes. If scanning is attempted on appliances with less than four cores, scans will run but will also likely impact performance, particularly from the intrusion detection application of Alert Logic®. The vulnerability scanning engine will, however, only ever use a single core, so there is no advantage to running an 8 core box for scanning purposes.
Articles in this section
- Can I include the same asset in multiple scan schedules?
- Can I reserve an instance for a scanning appliance on Amazon Web Services to maximize cost saving?
- Can I scan small and micro instances in Amazon Web Services?
- Can I start and stop a scan on demand?
- Can Threat Manager scan in Amazon Web Services environments?
- Does Alert Logic offer penetration testing?
- Does Alert Logic provide a Web Application Security scan?
- Does scanning in Amazon Web Services require an agent installed on my appliace?
- How do I ignore a vulnerability that does not apply to my host?
- How do I set up a scan?