A minimum of four CPUs are required. This allows the server to reserve CPUs for snort and other processes. If scanning is attempted on appliances with less than four cores, scans will run but will also likely impact performance, particularly from the intrusion detection application of Alert Logic®. The vulnerability scanning engine will, however, only ever use a single core, so there is no advantage to running an 8 core box for scanning purposes.
Articles in this section
- Can I include the same asset in multiple scan schedules?
- Can Threat Manager scan in Amazon Web Services environments?
- Does Alert Logic combine results from internal network and agent-based vulnerability scans?
- Does Alert Logic offer penetration testing?
- Does Alert Logic provide a Web Application Security scan?
- Does Alert Logic support vulnerability scanning without an appliance?
- Does scanning in Amazon Web Services require an agent installed on my appliace?
- How do I input credentials for on-premises deployments in the Alert Logic console?
- How many CPUs are required on an Alert Logic appliance to enable internal vulnerability scanning?
- How many vulnerabilities does Alert Logic scan for?