The Alert Logic® scan engine – FusionVM – performs checks for vulnerabilities using a number of different methods, including non-disruptive exploits, version checking, authenticated patch level checking, OVAL checking, and so on. The information retrieved this way is compared against our proprietary library of vulnerable versions covering more than 250,000 versions and 80,000 vulnerabilities.
Articles in this section
- Can I reserve an instance for a scanning appliance on Amazon Web Services to maximize cost saving?
- Can I scan small and micro instances in Amazon Web Services?
- Can Threat Manager scan in Amazon Web Services environments?
- Does Alert Logic offer penetration testing?
- Does Alert Logic provide a Web Application Security scan?
- Does scanning in Amazon Web Services require an agent installed on my appliace?
- How do I ignore a vulnerability that does not apply to my host?
- How do I set up a scan?
- How does CloudTrail consolidation affect install, especially if performing a self-service install via alertlogic.com?
- How many CPUs are required on an Alert Logic appliance to enable internal vulnerability scanning?