Alert Logic® utilizes outbound port 443/TCP to transport log data to our data centers from both the Alert Logic Universal Agent and Alert Logic appliances. You will need to allow outbound port 443/TCP with a destination of the specific Alert Logic data center, as referenced in our Firewall Rules documentation, and a source address range of any IP addresses expected to be utilized by Alert Logic agents or appliances.
Articles in this section
- How do Alert Logic upgrades and maintenance apply to Log Manager?
- Are automated compliance (NERC-CIP and SOX) reports a component of Log Manager?
- Are there infrastructure requirements to facilitate the Log Manager managed service?
- Can I add a custom report to the Log Review Service?
- Can Log Manager centrally distribute rules?
- Can you filter data while collecting logs?
- Does Log Manager provide reporting on configuration changes and system access attempts made to log sources on a network?
- How are logs transported from a customer environment to Alert Logic data centers?
- How can I be alerted if one of my log sources stops sending logs to Alert Logic?
- How can I reduce the volume of syslog messages sent from a host running rsyslog?