Unlike some competitive products which may require multiple licenses for individual solution components (such as user license, source license, agent license, collector license), the Alert Logic® Log Manager™ license is based on the daily ingestion of log data. The collection assets we provide to enable log collection – agents, virtual appliance, remote controller -, data processing, storage, and analytics engine are included and are not licensed individually. Utilizing a physical appliance includes an additional monthly fee, but not a unique license.
Articles in this section
- How do Alert Logic upgrades and maintenance apply to Log Manager?
- Are automated compliance (NERC-CIP and SOX) reports a component of Log Manager?
- Can you filter data while collecting logs?
- How are logs transported from a customer environment to Alert Logic data centers?
- How can I be alerted if one of my log sources stops sending logs to Alert Logic?
- How can I reduce the volume of syslog messages sent from a host running rsyslog?
- How can I request for my logs to be parsed?
- How can I send logs from my firewall to Alert Logic?
- How can I set up an alert if I want to know when a specific log message type is logged in the Alert Logic console?
- How do I configure Amazon Web Services CloudTrail for log collection?