Unlike some competitive products which may require multiple licenses for individual solution components (such as user license, source license, agent license, collector license), the Alert Logic® Log Manager™ license is based on the daily ingestion of log data. The collection assets we provide to enable log collection – agents, virtual appliance, remote controller -, data processing, storage, and analytics engine are included and are not licensed individually. Utilizing a physical appliance includes an additional monthly fee, but not a unique license.
Articles in this section
- How do Alert Logic upgrades and maintenance apply to Log Manager?
- Are automated compliance (NERC-CIP and SOX) reports a component of Log Manager?
- Are there infrastructure requirements to facilitate the Log Manager managed service?
- Can I add a custom report to the Log Review Service?
- Can Log Manager centrally distribute rules?
- Can you filter data while collecting logs?
- Does Log Manager provide reporting on configuration changes and system access attempts made to log sources on a network?
- How are logs transported from a customer environment to Alert Logic data centers?
- How can I be alerted if one of my log sources stops sending logs to Alert Logic?
- How can I reduce the volume of syslog messages sent from a host running rsyslog?