Alert Logic® Log Review™ utilizes Alert Logic Log Manager™ to satisfy the log review and analysis component of security best practices. Each day, our system security analysts will use Log Manager to analyze log data, track and escalate incidents, and send notifications pertaining to systems that are generating logs. We utilize standards such as PCI-DSS to provide a prescriptive framework to generate 29 reports. These reports address specific requirements within the standards.
Articles in this section
- How do Alert Logic upgrades and maintenance apply to Log Manager?
- Are automated compliance (NERC-CIP and SOX) reports a component of Log Manager?
- Are there infrastructure requirements to facilitate the Log Manager managed service?
- Can I add a custom report to the Log Review Service?
- Can Log Manager centrally distribute rules?
- Can you filter data while collecting logs?
- Does Log Manager provide reporting on configuration changes and system access attempts made to log sources on a network?
- How are logs transported from a customer environment to Alert Logic data centers?
- How can I be alerted if one of my log sources stops sending logs to Alert Logic?
- How can I reduce the volume of syslog messages sent from a host running rsyslog?