No, the Alert Logic® agent can only transport data to the Alert Logic appliance via TCP port 7777. The appliance is coded to listen on TCP port 7777 for agent traffic and would require a change in code if a different port was desired.
Articles in this section
- Can agents white-list traffic?
- Can the Alert Logic agent transport network traffic to the Alert Logic appliance on a customizable port?
- Do whitelisting policies in the Alert Logic console get applied to appliances and agents?
- Does an agent lose cache data if it is restarted?
- Does the Alert Logic agent require a reboot after installation?
- How can I handle large-scale deployment of agents?
- How can I install an Alert Logic agent on a Linux Auto Scaling Instance?
- How can I tell if my Windows agent is directed to an appliance or going straight over Port 443 to Alert Logic?
- How do agents auto-update?
- How do agents cache data?