Security remediations are created in the Alert Logic® console when vulnerabilities are found for a specific asset or collection assets. If a security remediation is disposed of permanently (by selecting The End of Time in the until field when disposing of the remediation), it will not be found again for the asset. However, if any new assets are discovered with the same vulnerability, a security remediation will be created for the new asset. You cannot dispose of any vulnerability 'globally' for potential future assets.
Articles in this section
- Can a user or admin see Remediation tasks that other users have assigned to themselves?
- Does Alert Logic scanning support excluding hosts from being scanned?
- Does Cloud Insight have customer-facing APIs?
- Does Cloud Insight scan Docker's application containers?
- How do I access my Cloud Insight account if I get a message about using the wrong region-based portal?
- How do I input host credentials in the Alert Logic console?
- If a security remediation is disposed of permanently, can Alert Logic find it again?
- What happens when there are no /28 subnets available in the VPC I want to deploy scanning appliances in?
- What ports does Alert Logic check by default for EC2 configuration hardening checks?