Yes, all log data is considered unmodified and static. All log data is hashed using SHA256, and the hashes are stored in separate storage clouds from the packets themselves. The hashes are used to protect the integrity of log data. No data is written to the static data-grid until the SHA hash has been verified. Additionally, data can be provided to outline the individual customer data containers and how the Alert Logic® platform services team monitors these data containers.
Articles in this section
- Are automated compliance reports a component of Alert Logic Log Management?
- Are there any architectural scalability options available for Log Manager?
- Are there infrastructure requirements to facilitate the Alert Logic Log Management functionality?
- Can Alert Logic collect AWS RDS logs?
- Can Alert Logic display incoming log data in real time?
- Can Alert Logic log management data be exported for forensic analysis?
- Can Alert Logic maintain verifiable unmodified event records?
- Can I add a custom report to the Log Review Service?
- Can I suppress or summarize duplicate alerts in Log Manager?
- Can you filter data while collecting logs?