Note: The following information applies only to Alert Logic® Essentials, Professional, or Enterprise customers.
Alert Logic Extended Endpoint Protection, which provides the ability to monitor and isolate endpoint attacks, is now available for deployment and use on macOS.
Extended Endpoint Protection
Extended endpoint protection enables Alert Logic to:
- Thwart multiple attack techniques that try to compromise Windows and Mac endpoints, gain access to resources, and detonate payloads.
- Achieve multi-vector attack monitoring and isolation that recognizes these techniques and stops them early before any damage is done.
- Work alongside existing anti-virus tools to provide an additional layer of defense.
For more information on Extended Endpoint Protection, see the following Alert Logic resources:
- About Alert Logic Extended Endpoint Protection
- Get Started with Alert Logic Extended Endpoint Protection
- Deploy Alert Logic Extended Endpoint Protection
The following information explains what you can expect after you have completed installation of the Extended Endpoint Protection.
After installation completes, you should see a dialogue box entitled System Extension Blocked on your Mac system. Toward the bottom of Security & Private, you will see “System software from developers ‘Barkly Protects, Inc.’ was blocked from loading.” Click the Allow button next to this message. Restart of your system is not required; the agent will automatically load the kernel once you have allowed the kernel extension. If you do not see this dialogue box, manually navigate to your Mac system’s System Preferences > Security & Privacy and follow the same pathway as above to complete this.
Note: You may follow these steps and not see an option to allow the kernel extension. In this case, we recommend you reboot your machine and attempt the above steps again.