Alert Logic Extended Endpoint Protection, which provides the ability to monitor and isolate endpoint attacks, is now available for deployment and use on macOS.
Note: The following information applies only to Alert Logic® Essentials, Professional, or Enterprise customers.
Extended Endpoint Protection
Extended endpoint protection enables Alert Logic to:
- Thwart multiple attack techniques that try to compromise Windows and Mac endpoints, gain access to resources, and detonate payloads.
- Achieve multi-vector attack monitoring and isolation that recognizes these techniques and stops them early before any damage is done.
- Work alongside existing anti-virus tools to provide an additional layer of defense.
For more information on Extended Endpoint Protection, see the following Alert Logic resources:
- About Alert Logic Extended Endpoint Protection
- Get Started with Alert Logic Extended Endpoint Protection
- Deploy Alert Logic Extended Endpoint Protection
The following information explains what you can expect after you have completed installation of the Extended Endpoint Protection.
After installation completes, you should see a dialogue box entitled System Extension Blocked on your Mac system. Toward the bottom of Security & Private, you will see “System software from developers ‘Barkly Protects, Inc.’ was blocked from loading.” Click the Allow button next to this message. Restart of your system is not required; the agent will automatically load the kernel once you have allowed the kernel extension. If you do not see this dialogue box, manually navigate to your Mac system’s System Preferences > Security & Privacy and follow the same pathway as above to complete this.
Note: You may follow these steps and not see an option to allow the kernel extension. In this case, we recommend you reboot your machine and attempt the above steps again.