In November and December, several new reports and report updates were made available in the Alert Logic® console. With these new reports and updates, you can now easily review incidents for all of your managed accounts, identify how Alert Logic addresses compliance standards, view incidents in an escalated status, and more. Read on to learn more about these report enhancements and to determine which reports and updates are available to you based on your product subscriptions.
Eight new reports are available in the Alert Logic console to improve visibility into managed accounts and help customers address compliance requirements. The following reports are now available:
- Incident Account Summary reports (released November 12, 2020)
The Incident Account Summary reports allow customers who manage child accounts to view incident data for your entire fleet. You can also drill down to specific accounts and deployments as you research the data. Two reports are available – the Weekly Incident Account Summary report and the Monthly Incident Account Summary report. These reports are available to customers with Managed Detection & Response (MDR) subscriptions and Cloud Defender™ subscriptions.
To access these new reports in the MDR platform, navigate to Validate > Reports > Threats > click View under Incident Account Summary.
To access these new reports in the Cloud Defender platform, navigate to Reports > Threats > click View under Incident Account Summary.
For more information on these reports, refer to our Threat Reports documentation.
- HIPAA 164.312(c)(1) Integrity Controls report (released November 12, 2020)
This report demonstrates how the Alert Logic File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) capabilities address HIPAA requirements. This report is available to customers with MDR subscriptions.
To access this report, navigate to Validate > Reports > Compliance > click View under HIPAA-HITECH Security Audit > HIPAA 164.312(c)(1) – Integrity Controls.
For more information on this report, refer to our HIPAA 164.312(c)(1) documentation.
- GDPR Audit reports (released December 17, 2020)
Five new GDPR Audit reports are available to help you identify how Alert Logic addresses specific GDPR requirements, as well as where you can obtain evidence or documentation to support a specific requirement. These reports include:
- GDPR Article 25: Data protection by design and default
- GDPR Article 32: Security of Processing
- GDPR Article 33: Notification of a personal data breach to the supervisory authority
- GDPR Article 34: Communication of a personal data breach to the subject
- GDPR Article 35: Data protection impact assessment
These reports are available to customers with MDR subscriptions. To access these reports, navigate to Validate > Reports > Compliance > click View under GDPR Audit.
For more information on these reports, refer to our GDPR Audit reports documentation.
Report and Dashboard Updates
A few minor updates are also now available for existing reports and dashboards.
- In PCI DSS Audit reports, there were several instances where the Available Documentation and Artifacts section included a link to a knowledge base article with directions on how to search for specific types of log messages. Now, rather than linking to a knowledge base article to manually enter the search, new links direct you to the Log Search page with the appropriate search automatically populated.
- An Escalation Status filter has been added to the Incident Analysis reports, allowing you to view which incidents are in an escalated status.
- An Asset Type filter has been added to the Vulnerability Breakdown reports to allow you to filter by asset type.
- Two new widgets have been added to the Coverage and Health dashboard – the Collector Collection Status widget and Connection Exposures The Collector Collection Status widget provides visibility into the health status of your collectors. The Connection Exposures widget provides a summary of connection exposures, such as certificate issues and communication errors, allowing you to drill down the exposures list.