Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 instances can be excluded from scanning by adding their tag to the whitelist of tags not to be scanned. You can whitelist an existing tag or create a new tag to be whitelisted.
The following article describes how to exclude AWS EC2 instances from scanning by the Alert Logic scanning for AWS solution.
- Access the Topology page in the Alert Logic console.
Note: Alert Logic Essentials, Professional, or Enterprise customers can access this page from the navigation menu () at Investigate > Topology. Alert Logic Cloud Defender, Threat Manager, or Log Manager customers can access this page by navigating to Overview > Topology.
- Click on the whitelist icon, which looks like a clipboard, in the top right corner of the screen.
- Using the Search for AWS tag search bar, type in the value for an instance tag within your AWS EC2 environment.
- Select the correct tag from the search results. The Key and Value will be auto-filled, but can also be manually filled in.
- Once the Key and Value boxes have been filled in, click the Add to List button to add the tag to the scanning whitelist.
Your asset will now be successfully excluded from scanning.
Please sign in to leave a comment.