In This Article
- Using the Alert Logic Status Page
- Finding Your Data Center
- Status Update Notifications
The Alert Logic Status page allows Alert Logic® customers to monitor the status of their products. Using this page, you can view information about overall system health and product outages. You can access this information on the Alert Logic Status Page.
From the Alert Logic Status page, you can:
- View the status, such as Operational or Partial Outage, of each Alert Logic product
- Find real-time updates of incidents in progress
- Subscribe to receive notifications when the status of a product changes
This article describes tips for using the Alert Logic Status page and how to subscribe to status notifications.
The Alert Logic Status page provides three main information sections – the overall status of Alert Logic products, statuses for individual products within each of our three data centers, and detailed information about incidents that occurred within the last 24 hours.
The overall status bar gives you a quick indication of whether any Alert Logic products are in a state other than Operational.
If this bar is green and states “All Systems Operational”, all Alert Logic products are in operational status. If any product is in another state, the color and status text on the bar will change based on the number of products in other statuses and the status types.
Using the expanding sections in the middle of the screen, you can view the status of individual Alert Logic products for each data center (US-West-1, US-East-1, and UK-West-1). To view individual statuses, simply click the + (plus sign) icon to the left of the data center.
The icon displayed indicates the status of each product. Possible statuses include:
- Operational – The component is in a healthy state.
- Degraded Performance – Intermittent issues are occurring with the component.
- Partial Outage – Some elements of the component are unavailable.
- Major Outage – The product is unavailable.
- Maintenance – There is currently ongoing maintenance that may impact access to or performance of the component.
If you are unsure of which datacenter you use, refer to the Finding Your Data Center section below. Additionally, you can easily determine which Alert Logic products you have, and therefore which statuses to review, using the Determine Your Alert Logic Products and Services knowledge base article.
During an incident, such as an outage, details and updates about the incident will be posted in the Past Incidents section. Once an incident is resolved, these details will display for 30 days before being removed from the page. If you do not subscribe to status notifications, this section can be helpful to keep informed of an ongoing and recent incident.
To find the status of your Alert Logic products, you need to know which data center(s) you use. Your data center can be easily located in the Alert Logic console using the following procedure.
- Log in to the Alert Logic console.
- Click the US or UK flag in the upper right corner. If you see the menu pictured in the screenshot below, this means you have deployments in more than one data center. If you do not see this menu after clicking the US or UK flag, this means you have a deployment in only one data center and should proceed to step 3.
- Hover your mouse over the US or UK flag in the upper right corner of the page. A tooltip will pop up that displays your data center.
You can keep informed of changes to the status of your Alert Logic products by subscribing to updates on the Status page. Notifications can be sent via email, SMS, WebHook, or RSS feed and are limited only to the region and products you choose.
Note: For more information on determining which products you have, refer to the Determine Your Alert Logic Products and Services knowledge base article.
Use the following procedure to subscribe to status notifications:
- At the top of the Alert Logic Status page, click the Subscribe to Updates button.
A dropdown displays with tabs for the different notification types.
- Select the tab corresponding to the type of notification you want to receive. For example, to receive an SMS message for status alerts, click the tab with the phone icon.
- Complete the fields within the tab and click the Subscribe button.
When you click the Subscribe button, the page updates to allow you to define your notification preferences.
- Select the check boxes corresponding to the data center and products for which you want to receive notifications.
Note: You most likely only need to select checkboxes for one data center. To determine which data center you use, refer to the Finding Your Data Center section above.
- Click Update Preferences.
- (Email notification only) If you subscribed to updates via email message, you will receive an email to confirm your subscription. Follow the instructions in the email to confirm. This step must be completed to receive status notifications.
Note: Notification emails are delivered from firstname.lastname@example.org. You may need to whitelist this email address in your spam settings to ensure Alert Logic status notifications will be received.
Once you have subscribed, you can change your notification preferences or unsubscribe as needed. Simply complete steps 1-3 in the previous procedure to display your current subscription settings. To change your preferences, select and clear check boxes for notifications as desired and click Update Preferences to save your new notification settings. Alternately, to unsubscribe to all listed notifications, click the Cancel Subscription link.
If you have any questions or concerns while using the Alert Logic Status page, you can click the Contact Support button at the top of the page. This button takes you to the Alert Logic Support Center, where you can search our Knowledge Base and Community, post new questions and discussions in the Community, or create a support ticket for additional assistance.