A remote collector collects, compresses, and encrypts syslog data from the configured remote machines to send directly to Alert Logic®. The following article describes how to collect remote logs in Cloud environments.
- Review the Remote Collector requirements.
- Remote collectors only support syslog collection.
- Log in to the Alert Logic console from your remote collector instance.
- Click the Settings icon ().
- Click Support Information.
- Copy your Unique Registration Key. You will need this later to install the remote collector.
- Click on this link to get to the Installation and Initial Configuration page.
- Select either Linux or Windows installers. Both installers are available in 32-bit or 64-bit format.
- Download the appropriate collector and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Verify that your remote collector is registered by going to Configuration > All Deployments > Log Collectors.
- Verify that your syslog log sources are collecting by going to Configuration > All Deployments > Log Sources.