This article describes how to remove users from your company account in the Alert Logic console without losing the information that is associated with that user. Locking, instead of deleting, users allows you to save the user’s reports, saved views, and alert rules. In addition to locking the user account, this following procedure also includes instructions for removing the user from notifications.
- In the Alert Logic console, click the Settings menu (which looks like three vertical gray dots) on the right side of the main menu and select the Users option.
- Locate the user to lock.
- Click the View button for the user. A sidebar displays on the right side of the screen.
- Click Lock in the right sidebar. A Lock User message displays.
- On the message window that displays, click Yes.
Removing Users from Notifications
- In the Configurations main menu tab, click Notifications in the submenu.
- Click Policies in the left sidebar.
- For the policy the user needs to be removed from, click the drop-down arrow on the right side of your screen and then click View on the policy.
- Remove the user from the Alert Recipients field by clicking the 'x' icon to the left of the user's name.
- Click Save.
- If the user is also listed as a contact for the Alert Logic account, such as a secondary or tertiary contact, contact Alert Logic Support to have the user removed from your account as a designated contact.