A new version of Fortra's Managed WAF is typically released every quarter. As Managed WAF is a security product, it is best practice to run the latest version and apply updates in a timely manner. To determine which version of Managed WAF you are running, follow the appropriate procedure below based on whether you are a Managed Detection & Response (MDR) customer or a legacy WAF customer.
Note: To determine whether you are an MDR or legacy customer, refer to our Determine Your Alert Logic Products and Services article.
Determine WAF Version for MDR
- In the Alert Logic console, navigate to (navigation menu) > Configure > WAF.
- Click the Appliances tab.
- On the Appliances tab, you can identify the appliance version in the Version column for each appliance.
Determine WAF Version for Legacy
- In the Alert Logic console, click the Configuration tab, then click the WAF tab.
- In the left navigation menu, click Appliances.
- In the row for the desired appliance, click Manage Appliance.
- In the left navigation menu, click Information.
- On the Information screen, you can identify the appliance version in the Version row of the Web Security Manager table.