Cross-network protection functionality within the Alert Logic console allows you to leverage the appliance installed in one network to protect other networks under the same account. The following information walks you through configuring this protection and, if necessary, removing the connection from a network.
This functionality has prerequisites:
- Only available in manual deployments of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and data centers
- Appliances and agents must be installed in applicable networks
- Networks must be within the same Alert Logic customer account
- Hosts from the networks must already be able to connect with one another
Configure Cross-Network Protection
- Within the Alert Logic console, access the navigation menu () and navigate to Configure (or Configuration) > Deployments > desired manual deployment > Protection > Options.
- From the topology view in Options, click on the agent-deployed network that you would like to be protected by another network.
- Within the search bar, find the appliance-deployed network that you would like to do the protecting by either searching for its name or clicking on the search bar and scrolling through the network options that appear. Click on the desired network name.
- The protected network now appears as blue (), as does the protecting network ().
Note: The protecting network now also has two arrows pointing toward each other within the cloud.
- Click Save above the topology view.
View Protected Networks
Use the following process to see all the networks that your protecting network is connected to.
- Click on the protecting network whose connections you would like to see.
- Click on the blue icon with bullet points ().
- A sidebar will appear with a list of the networks being protected by your chosen protecting network.
Remove Cross-Network Protection Connection
- Click on the protected network whose connection you would like to remove.
- Click on the blue icon with two arrows pointing toward each other ().
- Confirm the connection removal by clicking Delete.