This article describes how to find assets, such as computers, services, and EC2 workloads, that are vulnerable to a specific CVE. There are two methods to retrieve this information from the Alert Logic console – you can quickly review the affected assets and related mitigation steps through the Exposures page, or create a report that can be shared and referenced through the Current Vulnerability Finder report. Both methods are described below.
Use the Exposures Page to Find Specific Vulnerabilities
- In the Alert Logic console, navigate to the Remediations page by selecting the Navigation menu () > Respond > Exposures.
- In the drop-down menu at the top of the page, select Organize by Exposure.
- In Search, enter the CVE.
- Click Open to view the affected assets and remediation steps.
Use the Current Vulnerability Finder Report to Find Specific Vulnerabilities
- In the Alert Logic console, navigate to the Current Vulnerability Finder This report is located at Navigation menu ()> Validate > Reports. On the Reports page, select the Vulnerabilities tab and then click View under Current Vulnerability Finder.
- In the Step 1 section, select the scope for the report.
- In the Step 2 section, enter the CVE to find and press ENTER. A list of matching vulnerabilities displays.
- Select the CVE in the list and then click View All Vulnerability Instances. A list of the vulnerable assets displays.
- Click Download to download the report, which can then be printed or emailed as needed.