Alert Logic is updating the Alert Logic virtual appliance platform from CentOS to a current version of AlmaLinux. To ensure you maintain a robust security posture, you must complete the upgrade of your virtual appliances as outlined in our documentation resources. The process varies based on your product and deployment types; use the following documentation as appropriate for your deployment(s):
- Managed Detection and Response customers with Amazon Web Services deployments
- Managed Detection and Response customers using an OVA image
- Cloud Defender and other legacy product customers with Amazon Web Services deployments
- Cloud Defender and other legacy product customers using an OVA image
Note: To confirm whether you have an MDR or Cloud Defender / legacy Alert Logic subscription, see our Determine Your Alert Logic Products and Services article.
Upgrades for the Alert Logic Managed Web Application Firewall (WAF) customers and physical appliances are being managed separately, as follows:
- Managed WAF customers - Alert Logic has already contacted or will contact you to coordinate a time to update your appliance. If you want to schedule a WAF update before we contact you, open a ticket with Alert Logic Support to request that and communicate your requirements.
- Physical Threat Manager and both Virtual and Physical Log Manager Appliance customers - Alert Logic will contact you about the process and details for a transition for your physical appliances. While Alert Logic and our customers complete the transition away from CentOS support for physical appliances, Alert Logic will continue to maintain all necessary security updates to ensure our customers with physical appliances remain secure.
Your completion of the above appliance platform upgrade also makes you eligible for automatic upgrades of AlmaLinux, which will be supported through 2029.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on the update from CentOS to AlmaLinux on virtual appliances, see the following frequently asked questions.
- Will my appliance experience downtime?
No; during the upgrade process, you will create an AlmaLinux appliance before you take down the CentOS appliance.
- What happens if I do not update my appliance?
While CentOS appliances will continue to function, software updates and support for CentOS virtual appliances by Alert Logic will end after January 31, 2023. Beginning February 1, 2023, only AlmaLinux will be supported by Alert Logic. At that point, no software, security, or functionality updates will occur on CentOS, and emerging threats and vulnerabilities found on intrusion detection systems will not be patched by Alert Logic. You must move to AlmaLinux to receive patches and updates after January 31, 2023.
- Can I book a technical call for assistance with this upgrade?
Yes. You can book a one-hour call with Alert Logic Technical Support via this bookings calendar.
- What will happen to my physical appliance?
Customers with physical appliances will be contacted and notified of a conversion window for the update of their physical appliances. Updating physical appliances will begin later in 2022, and we do not have a set date for this effort yet. Alert Logic will continue to support physical CentOS appliances while the upgrade strategy is defined. As more details on this timeframe become available, they will be posted here. We recommend you follow this article via the Follow button above to receive email notifications when updates are available.
- What should I do if a third-party scanner identifies a vulnerability because my operating system is out of date?
Third-party vulnerability scanners may identify out-of-date operating systems. If this causes concern during an audit, Alert Logic can provide you with the necessary documentation to satisfy auditors. To request this documentation, open a ticket with Alert Logic Support.
- I have a hybrid deployment. Will having physical appliances on CentOS and virtual appliances on AlmaLinux cause any issues?
No, having appliances running different operating system versions will not present any issues.
- I have a Managed WAF. Can I attempt the upgrade without the help of Alert Logic?
We do not recommend you attempt an upgrade of a Managed WAF without the help of Alert Logic. For questions and support of a Managed WAF, you can open a ticket with Alert Logic Support.
- I have a question not answered here. How can I get support?
For questions not answered in this article, you can open a ticket with Alert Logic Support.