The Dispose feature in the Alert Logic console can be used by someone in your organization to indicate that selected security vulnerabilities have been assessed and should be removed from the Open Exposure lists since they do not need to be remediated for a specific reason and time period.
Alert Logic Managed Detection and Response (MDR) customers now have access to reporting enhancements in the Alert Logic console for disposed vulnerabilities.
New List of Disposed Vulnerabilities Report
The List of Disposed Vulnerabilities report provides a tabular list of all current disposed vulnerabilities and assessment details for each vulnerability instance. You can find the new List of Disposed Vulnerabilities report in the Alert Logic console:
- Click (navigation menu), and then click Validate.
- Click Reports, and then click Vulnerabilities.
- Under Vulnerability List, click VIEW.
- Click List of Disposed Vulnerabilities.
- Use the Deployment, Asset Type, Category and Severity filters to refine the results in the report.
Note: The Comments field is only presented when you download or schedule the report using the Full Data CSV option.
Updates to List of Vulnerabilities Report
The List of Vulnerabilities report can be found in the Alert Logic console under (navigation menu) > Validate > Reports > List of Vulnerabilities. The following new columns have been appended when you download or schedule the report using the Full Data CSV option:
- Assessed By (Name of user in your organization that disposed of the vulnerability)
- Assessed On (Date and time of when the vulnerability was disposed)
- Assessment Type (The disposal reason selected by the user)
- Comments (The comments entered by the user when disposing the vulnerability)
Note: Disposed vulnerabilities are excluded from the report by default. You must select the “Yes” checkbox and click the Apply button in the Disposed filter for the new columns to presented with data in the Full Data CSV report.
Learn more about disposed vulnerability reporting with the following Alert Logic documentation:
- List of Disposed Vulnerabilities Report
- List of Vulnerabilities Report
- Disposed list in Alert Logic Console
- Dispose exposure or remediation