Alert Logic Managed Detection and Response customers now have access to several enhancements in the Alert Logic console for downloading reports and processing CSV data requests. These enhancements simplify working with reports in the Alert Logic console and you can now:
- Create downloads and schedules in a single location
- Generate streamlined Full and Summary Data CSV files
- Gain more visibility into Download status
Additionally, support for the native Tableau menu has been discontinued, and a new Feature Migration banner provides guidance on how to access the new Report Download options.
Read on to learn more about each enhancement.
Create Downloads and Schedules in a Single Location
Report Download options have been moved in the Alert Logic console to the new CREATE REPORT feature to make it easier for you to download report CSV data and PDF files.
The key Report Download options that have been moved include:
- Download Full Data in CSV format
- Download Summary Data in CSV format
- Download Full or Summary Report in PDF format
- Schedule Report
With this reorganization, more report options are available in a central location, simplifying the process of managing reports.
Refer to the following table to determine the new location for actions you commonly perform.
|If you are looking to:
|Download Full Data in CSV format
|Validate > Reports > select a report and filters > CREATE REPORT: Full Data (CSV) and Download Now
|Validate > Reports > select a report and filters > Download > Data > Full Data: Show all columns and Download all rows as a text file
|Download Summary Data in CSV format
|Validate > Reports > select a report and filters > CREATE REPORT: Summary Data (CSV) and Download Now
|Validate > Reports > select a report and filters > Download > Data > Summary: Download all rows as a text file
|Download Full or Summary Report in PDF format
|Validate > Reports > select a report and filters > CREATE REPORT > select PDF report option > and Download Now
|Validate > Reports > select a report and filters > Download > PDF > select specific sheet(s) > Download
|Validate > Reports > select a report and filters > CREATE REPORT > select report option > Schedule Later
|Validate > Reports > select a report and filters > SCHEDULE REPORT > select report option
These changes simplify navigation by providing a single location in the Alert Logic console to manage download and schedule requests for all reports.
Generate Streamlined Full and Summary Data CSV Files
The generation of CSV files for specific scan and vulnerability reports has been decoupled from report data processing to enable the following changes to Full and Summary Data CSV report files:
- Column/fields that are duplicates, deprecated, or exclusively used for internal purposes have been removed.
- Summary Data CSV files only include the data presented in the filters, visualizations, and tables of the interactive report in the Alert Logic console.
- The order of columns/fields in the CSV files have been modified due to adding or removing fields.
- CSV filenames and column/field names have been updated to be more consistent across reports.
Refer to these attachments for the specific changes to the CSV files for each report:
- CSV Changes for List of Vulnerabilities report
- CSV Changes for Current Vulnerability Breakdown report
- CSV Changes for Vulnerability Variance reports
- CSV Changes for Scan Schedule Breakdown reports
Gain More Visibility into Download Status
The Downloads page can be found in the Alert Logic console under > Validate > Reports > Downloads. You can now use the new Schedule filter and labels to distinguish between report downloads related to a one-time request or recurring schedule.
Also, new status icons have been added to ensure that all report download requests are presented on the Download page to provide you with insight into when requests are in progress, failed, or ready to download.
Note: The file extension will change from .gz to .zip for compressed files downloaded from the Downloads page and the content-type will be properly set to application/zip.
Learn more about report downloads and schedules with the following Alert Logic documentation: